Wood on the walls was a popular mid-century decorating trend, and, like many looks of that time, it's recently re-emerged, new and improved. Discover how you can transform a room from top to bottom with the enduring beauty and durability of Armstrong products — on your walls.
Today's style-minded homeowners are approaching flooring from a whole new angle — using it to create accent walls and artistic focal points that reflect their unique style and bring distinctive character to a space.
Whatever one-of-a-kind look you imagine for your home, Armstrong Flooring can help you achieve it. We've made some of our most on-trend and durable flooring options adaptable for wall installations. They're easy to install, easy to care for and easy to love.
Let's take a closer look at the variety of products you can use on the walls:
Whether you are seeking the look of wood, natural stone, or slate, try featuring our Alterna engineered tile products on your wall. It can be used with or without grout as a decorative backsplash, accent wall or other focal point. With a wide range of designs and multiple options for layout and patterns, you'll find endless ways to express your vision.
- Traditional and modern styles. From the classic elegance of travertine or marble to the modern sleekness of concrete or linen and the rustic charm of wood planks, there's a look for every decorating style
- Durable engineered construction. Alterna looks and feels like natural stone because it's constructed from 75% stone. It's water, scratch and stain resistant — and unlike ceramic and natural stone, isn't susceptible to cracking.
- Install anywhere. Kitchens, bathrooms, basements. The only places we don't recommend are shower walls, fireplace surrounds or any wall application that exposes it to continuous saturation or temperatures above 300°F.
- Easy installation. Alterna is faster, easier, and cleaner to install than traditional tile. Adhesive and optional grout come pre-mixed and installation can be done in a day with no long drying times between steps. Use an appropriate high-quality wall adhesive and follow instructions for how to install engineered tile flooring on walls.
- Matching trim. Complete the look with trim pieces, digitally matched to go with any flooring you choose.