Find out how to care for your luxury vinyl floor.
Routine Floor Cleaning
- Sweep or vacuum regularly — and don't use the beater bar on your vacuum as it could damage the floor.
- Wash your floor occasionally with Armstrong Flooring Once ‘n Done® Floor Cleaner.
- For tough cleaning problems, use Armstrong Flooring New Beginning® Floor Stripper.
Cleaning Tips for Newly Installed Floors
- Do not wash floors for the first 18 hours after installation. This prevents excessive moisture from interfering with the adhesive bond and/or the seam treatments. After the first 48 hours, floors can be damp mopped immediately, using Armstrong Flooring Once ’n Done Floor Cleaner.
Floor Protection Tips
- Use floor protectors on furniture to reduce indentation. The heavier the item, the wider the floor protector needed.
- Use rugs in high-traffic areas of your home. Opt for non-staining polypropylene rugs, colorfast woven rugs or vinyl-backed rugs. We discourage the use of rubber-backed or latex-backed mats as they can cause discoloration of the floor.
- Do NOT use detergents, abrasive cleaners, or “mop and shine” products. These products may leave a dull film on your floor.
- Do NOT use paste wax or solvent based polishes.
- Do not use highly alkaline ‘floor strippers’ to clean the floor covering. Highly alkaline solutions have the potential to damage the adhesive bonds between the planks.