For laminate flooring that always looks its best, follow these easy cleaning and care tips.
Routine Laminate Floor Cleaning & Care
- Clean your laminate floor using a microfibre or terry cloth mop and Armstrong Flooring Hardwood & Laminate Floor Cleaner.
- For best results, spray cleaner directly onto the bottom of the mop cover.
- Sweep or vacuum regularly using the wand attachment on your vacuum cleaner. DO NOT use the beater bar on your vacuum, or it could damage the floor.
- Use floor protectors on furniture to reduce indentation. The heavier the item, the wider the floor protector needed.
- Place a natural or colorfast mat at outside entrances to reduce the amount of dirt and moisture brought into your home.
FOR BEST RESULTS
- Clean up liquid spills immediately.
- Wet Mop laminate floors.
- Use steam mops on laminate floors.
- Use mops with oil treated covers.
- Place black rubber blacked mats, wheels or tyres on laminate floors. These will stain your floor.
- Surface dirt, grit, grease or high heel marks should be addressed immediately.
- Remove tough spots like shoe polish, tar and asphalt driveway seal with adhesive cleaner, low-odour mineral spirits or nail polish remover containing acetone (follow instructions on label).
- Soap-based detergents or “mop and shine” products are not recommended for use on laminate floors as these may leave a dull film on your floor.
- Do not apply wax or polish your floor.
- For added protection, use floor protectors (such as felt) on chairs and other furniture. The heavier the item, the wider the floor protector should be.
- When using a vacuum cleaner, disengage the beater bar and use the bare floor setting.
- Place a natural or colourfast mat at outside entrances to collect tracked-in dirt and absorb excess moisture. Also place wipe off mats at the inside of every entrance.
- Metal caster wheels can damage the floor. Instead, we recommend using soft white or grey wheels wide enough to support the load.
- For minor abrasions or scratches, use a touch-up kit or acrylic filler to repair.
- Major damage can be repaired with a plank replacement