Wood on the walls was a popular mid-century decorating trend, and, like many looks of that time, it's recently re-emerged, new and improved. Discover how you can transform a room from top to bottom with the enduring beauty and durability of Armstrong Flooring products — on your walls.
Today's style-minded homeowners are approaching flooring from whole new angle — using it to create accent walls and artistic focal points that reflect their unique style and bring distinctive character to a space.
Whatever one-of-a-kind look you imagine for your home, Armstrong Flooring can help you achieve it. We've made some of our most on-trend and durable flooring options adaptable for wall installations. They're easy to install, easy to care for and easy to love.
Let's take a closer look at our two products that you can use on the walls: engineered hardwood and premium wood-look laminate.
Engineered Hardwood is the most coveted type of flooring, so it's no wonder that it's also popular for interior wall design. Our engineered hardwood offers not only natural beauty and timeless style, but it is designed with a sturdy construction and rugged durability to last for many years to come.
Enjoy these benefits:
- Reliable stability. Engineered hardwood is built in a way that minimizes unsightly gaps. Many competitors' planks are less stable, so gaps can show if they shift after installation.
- Protective surface. Durable urethane coating protects the wood. Many competitors' wall planks have no protective coating, so they are susceptible to stains and wear.
- Install anywhere. Engineered Hardwood can be a great fit for walls on any level of the home, and in almost any room.
- DIY-friendly. Tongue-and-groove installation is quick and easy.
- Easy to clean. Simply sweep or wipe to remove dust and debris.
Recommended Collections for Installing Hardwood Flooring on Walls
On the wall, the carefully crafted textures and tones of wood are dynamic, eye-catching, and bring natural warmth and authenticity to your space. Most of our engineered wood products can be used on walls, but there are a couple that we highly recommend for their depth-defying colors and textures and premium quality.
Browse our recommended collections:
You can install hardwood on walls nearly anywhere in your home, on almost any level —living rooms or bedrooms alike. Our engineered construction provides stability that many competitors can’t match, so you have peace of mind that your masterpiece will remain flawlessly intact.
Architectural Remnants Collection
Laminate on your walls can be a great decorating option for practical budgets, or if you're after a specific wood look featured in our premium laminate collections. Create a unique visual statement with a full wood wall, recessed panel, or other accent.
Choose from five beautiful and trend-setting collections, each ready for easy wall installation:
- Groundbreaking style. These products showcase gorgeous, crystal clear visuals that mimic unexpected materials like rustic wood, weathered concrete and reclaimed metal.
- Durable construction. Laminate flooring on walls is just as stress-free to maintain as laminate on the floor. Each features our VisionGuard wear layer, a hardened surface that helps protect against scratches, scrapes and fading — and makes walls easy to clean.
- Install almost anywhere. Add a unique accent to any room, on any level of your home — most high-moisture areas included!
- Easy installation. Our simple Lock&Fold® method is easy to install and can be placed over existing plasterboard with barely any mess or hassle.
*Subject to statutory requirements